Rate Design Trends for Behind-the-Meter Storage
Retail rate design plays a pivotal role in the pace of adoption for DERs, including energy storage. Retail rate options are increasingly being designed to reflect the total benefits and costs of adding DERs on the utility system.
In this webinar leading experts will discuss recent trends in electric utility rate design, how rate design can affect the adoption of behind-the-meter energy storage, and the potential grid-level benefits that can be realized from storage resources.
- Trends in behind-the-meter storage adoption
- Basic retail rate design principles
- Existing and emerging retail rate options for energy storage
- Examples from utilities in different regions of the U.S.
- Stephen Wemple, General Manager, Consolidated Edison
- Nathan Wyeth, Director of Grid Services, Sunrun
- Galen Barbose, Research Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Dr. Tu Nguyen, Postdoctoral Appointee at Sandia National Lab.
- Ed Burgess, DIrector, Strategen (Moderator)
About the Webinar Series
The Energy Storage Webinar Series is produced by Strategen in partnership with Sandia National Laboratories with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (DOE OE), Energy Storage Program.